Multi-Vehicle Crash in San Bruno Stops Traffic on the 101
Law enforcement in San Bruno was trying to move traffic after a multi-vehicle accident on the northbound 101 that practically caused a standstill into San Francisco. The accident happened just after 5 pm south of I-380 past the San Francisco International Airport. That is an unfortunate location, as it is an area that often has lots of traffic around that time. The right and center lanes had to be blocked off completely. One patient was hospitalized with injuries from the accident.
It took over half an hour to clear the accident from the road, letting traffic flow freely from there. It is a reminder that multi-vehicle crashes can happen at any time and aren’t just reserved for late at night.
What to Do When You Are Involved in a Multi-Vehicle Crash
Car accidents are scary enough when there are two vehicles involved. However, add in another one, two, or three cars, and it can be downright frightening. The most important thing to do is remain in your vehicle, if possible, and remain calm. If you see smoke or fire anywhere near your car, it is crucial to leave the car as safely as possible and get away from the shoulder of the road.
Afterward, do the following:
• Call for medical help immediately.
• Call for law enforcement to help block off the road.
• Take pictures of your car and the surrounding vehicles with your phone when the road is blocked, and it is safe to do so.
• Get thoroughly checked by medical professionals.
• Contact an experienced personal injury attorney.
• Do not talk to the insurance company unless your attorney instructs you to.
• Do not accept any settlement money without discussing your case with an attorney.
If you have been involved in a multi-vehicle crash and need assistance, contact Tanya Gomerman. Call 415-545-8608 to schedule your free consultation today.