San Mateo Elderly Care Facility Serves Dishwashing Liquid, Killing 1 and Injuring 2 of its Residents
On Saturday, August 27, 2022, three ambulances were dispatched to Atria Park Senior Living Facility in San Mateo, to treat several of its patient residents. In a statement to KRON4, Atria Park confirmed that three residents were transported to the hospital after ingesting dishwashing liquid, which was mistakenly served as juice.
Gertrude Elizabeth Murison Maxwell, 93, passed away following the incident. According to Ms. Maxwell's relative, she could not have accidentally drunk the substance on her own, as she needed assistance to eat and drink.
San Mateo Police are investigating the incident jointly with the California Department of Social Services Ombudsman. Police say Atria Hillsdale is cooperating with the investigation. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Sergeant Detective Paul Pak at 650-522-7660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or a loved one have been harmed due to negligence while in a care facility – call the Law Offices of Tanya Gomerman for a FREE consultation at (415) 545-8608 or email us at email@example.com.
Follow the link below to read more about this incident.